Tuesday, July 08, 2003

MMM...JUST HOW FAR COULD YOU THROW HIM?


Poor Tony Blair. He's been taking a lot of flak lately over his dogged support of Dubya, all of it merited, of course.

His Communications Chief, Alastair Campbell, is in hot water after picking a fight with the BBC. Campbell, who has been dubbed "Britain's real deputy prime minister" narrowlly survived a grilling from the Foreign Affairs Committee over the sexing up of a certain key dossier, but seems to have done irreparable damage to his boss' crediblility.

Just two months ago British public support for the Iraqi action stood at a healthy 64%. It now stands at a mere 47%. But nevermind all of that. Of far more interest is the 54% who said of Blair, "I wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him." This begs the question, "Just how far could you throw him"?

Completely irrelevant, I know, BUT interesting all the same. To answer this question you need to know all sorts of things like; how much does the poodlemeister weigh, how much is the average person able to toss, what is the average person, etc... I confess to wasting 30 minutes or so trying to find his medical info online, to no avail. Can we say cover up? Yes, I think we can! So since I lack the requisite data, because it like requires work and math and stuff, I haven't a clue as to how far the average human, let alone Briton, could indeed toss Tony Blair. This bothers me.

I have, though, managed to console myself with the following useless information which was perversely readily available online:

Tony's astrological chart
Tony's Bio


5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!