Friday, April 08, 2005

Less is more - unless you're up for pyrotechnics

This week we have the much publicized story of how a Thai restaurant was razed in a bug bomb mishap. Funny, er, tragic stuff that, but not terribly original.
Three men were hospitalized with burns after they set off 36 cockroach fumigation devices -- aerosol cans filled with chemicals -- which apparently exploded after their contents came into contact with an oven pilot light.

After all, you'd think people would have learned by now after this...
Family blows up house with 19 roach bombs.

John Gibbins/Union-Tribune

And this...
Elderly couple set off kitchen explosion.

And closer to home, this...
Trini torches $400,000 house in bid to be rid of troublesome rats.
When police and fire fighters arrived on the scene, they found 41-year-old Carl Ramroop lying on the pavement watching his home burn.

Get the picture?

5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!