Friday, April 15, 2005

YS is being cute

What self-respecting evil-genius-wannabe would answer these questions honestly. Oh well, here goes.

Q: You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Ack! I disapprove of book burning on a point of principle. The only exception being in case of a The Day After Tomorrow type scenario, you know, imminent death by freezing. But if I must be torched then let me be Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. Now admittedly she may have authored worse pieces of offal but I never got that far.

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Well duh…but only in a purely Florence Nightingale sense, too busy obsessing about real people.

Q: The last book you bought is:

Um, The Ruby Knight - David Eddings, which is entirely Mishka’s fault.

Q: The last book you read:

I’ve just re-read Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe. I don’t do reviews, just read the damned thing, you’ll be better for it.

Q: What are you currently reading?

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde

Q: Five books you would take to a desert island.

Exactly how long would I have to be on this island? It’s impossible to make such a choice so, this is the short list of books I’ve read at least 5 times, in no particular order:

    - Haroun and the Sea of Stories – Salman Rushdie (lovely)
    - The Dune Chronicles (Book 1) - Frank Herbert (a keeper, he should have passed on the rest)
    - The Double Helix – James D. Watson (eggheads are hot)
    - The Kingdom, Arabia & the House of Sa’ud – Robert Lacy (fascinating)
    - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency – Douglas Adams (just as good as vodka)

Q: Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

*sigh* As if I don’t have enough trouble keeping the few people who will talk to me.

Radmilla because she’ll probably forgive me.

Dezerai because he might find it amusing.

Bodhi because, well, who knows what he’d come up with?

Now, if anyone else actually wants to do this be my guest.

5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!